CORONA VIRUS POLICY
Suspension & Shock Absorbers Free Check HAC Rockhampton
Signs of failing suspension are: Sagging Springs, Uneven Tyre Wear, Leaking Shocks, Noise, Worn mounts and rubbers. Get your suspension health report free.
Book now and PAY LATER with our easy payment options. Choose from Humm
options to pay for your repairs and servicing over a period best suited to you.
Does your car have any of these symptoms:
- Not absorbing road bumps & shocks
- Wheels bouncing excessively
- Stopping distance increasing
- Nose diving on braking
- Steering wheel vibration
- Car veers in strong winds
- Rocks and rolls over bumps
- Not hugging the bends
- Uneven tyre wear
Although all shock absorbers do the same job, different types of vehicles and suspension designs require different types of shock absorbers which can appear radically different.
Having brakes that function properly is something that every driver considers a priority. What you may not be aware of is the critical function that shock absorbers and suspension generally plays in vehicle control and braking efficiency. So, poor suspension means poor brakes.
MENU - Mechanics & Servicing.
MENU - Car Electrical Systems.
MENU - Car Air-conditioning.
MENU - Brakes.
MENU - Radiator & Cooling.
HUMM Smart Payment Options.
OpenPay Smart Payment Options.
Contact Us, Find Us, See Our Map, Get a Quote, Make a Booking
Control Arms, Steering Rack, Spring & Shock Absorber Repairs.
This trio is what you rely on to stop when you apply the brakes. On the surface you may think that suspension wear and tear will only impact on your ride and comfort but the real danger is when the suspension loses its ability to keep your tyres in constant contact with the road and particularly on wet roads, you then become an accident waiting to happen because traction is lost therefore brakes are lost.
This picture shows a typical front suspension with ball joints, brake disc and hub.
Get in tune with these suspension early warning signs.
Any of the following justify a Suspension checkup:
- Car not sitting level when parked.
- Uneven tyre wear.
- Abnormal noises when driving.
- Vehicle heights indicate spring problems.
- Steering pulls one way.
- Excessive body roll on corners.
- A lot of suspension bouncing when you drive.
- Steering pulls when braking.
- Poor handling.
- Steering wheel off centre.
- Vibrations when driving.
- Suspension diving under braking.
Get your brakes and suspension repaired and working together again.
$77 Suspension performance and safety checkup:
- Check for uneven tyre wear.
- Vehicle heights side to side.
- Condition of shock absorbers (make sure they aren’t leaking and do control the bounce of the spring).
- Condition of suspension bushes (whether they are cracked, torn or have excessive movement).
- Check general suspension system wear.
- Power steering system (condition of fluid, noisy pump, check for leaks, check drive belt for cracks, condition of hoses).
- Check Tie rod ends, rack ends and ball joints for play/wear.
- Check for noises/play in wheel bearings.
- Check condition of brake system (pads, discs, shoes, brake fluid).
Is your car due for it's Suspension check-up?
If your car is due for a service, and you’d like to ensure your vehicle is safe, then call Highway Auto on (07) 4926 1303 to book a service, and get a quote to fix any problems with your brakes, steering, Tyres and suspension.
Contact Us, Find Us, Get a Quote, Make a Booking
Brake and Wheel Inspection
Most popular vehicles for our suspension checkup
- Holden, Honda, Hyuandi
The Warning Signs of Common Brake and Suspension Problems.
- A spongy brake pedal.
- A grinding sound when you depress the brake pedal.
- Squealing brakes.
- The car pulling to one side when you brake.
- The brake warning light illuminating.
- Brake fluid level dropping.
- The brake pedal being hard to press.
Highway Auto Suspension Repairs, Lifetime workmanship guarantee* plus personal service.
For any of the above services or for any automotive repairs, Mechanical, Air-conditioning, Auto electrical, Cruise control, Caravan services, Bosch, Delkor and Century Batteries.
You can speak with Cathy or Steve who will talk you through any automotive service questions and advice; they are well-informed, patient, professionals. (07) 4926 1303
Contact Us, Find Us, Get a Quote, Make a Booking
Brakes, control arms, bushings, road grip, underbody inspection, repairs, maintenance, CV joints, CV boots, steering rack, rubber boots, shock absorber bushings, brake sensors, tail shaft, exhaust system, transmission, differential, sway bars, CV shafts, suspension bushings, universal joints, gearbox, automatic transmission, oxygen sensor, engine control computer ECU, catalytic convertor, exhaust gas, exhaust leaks, struts, wheel balance, wheel alignment, bounce, road holding, coil spring, shock absorber, suspension springs, mechanics, brake calipers, brake flexible hoses, brake pipes, brake pads, brake disc rotors, chassis rust, engine oil seals, engine rear oil seal, exhaust pipe mountings, fuel filter, fuel line, gearbox oil seals, gearbox sensors, stabiliser bar bushings, under car wiring, wheel speed sensors.